There are a lot of different burgers – that’s for sure… stacked, stuffed and sexy describe several. But… ever had one with a blast of bratwurst?
Here at grillingaddiction.com, we’ve put together a convenient mix that makes a pound of regular ground pork taste similar to your favorite Wisconsin-style sausage.
Brat burger blend:
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 and ¼ teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Small pinch ground nutmeg
Mix up the blend and let it sit for a bit so the spices permeate the meat.
I formed these into 3/4-inch thick patties and cooked them for about 4 minutes on each side in a grill pan (my outdoor Weber charcoal grill is currently covered with snow).
You can serve these brat burgers as pictured with peasant bread, baby swiss cheese, mustard-mayo and some homemade red cabbage jam. The patties are also tasty with a traditional hamburger bun, mustard and relish.