Grilled Beef Short Ribs
5 lbs. Beef Short Ribs (cut about ½ inch thick and bone-in – boneless work well too)
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons of Freshly Ground White Pepper
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- Six Dashes Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 6 Sliced Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Sliced White Onion
- 1 Chopped Asian Pear
- 1/4 Cup Ginger Chunks
- Chopped Scallions
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Rub ribs with brown sugar and white pepper. Let mixture sit for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, put the marinade together.
- Mix the marinade together with the ribs in a large freezer bag. Place the bag on a sheet pan and refrigerate. Marinate overnight, turning every few hours. Take the bag out of the fridge about an hour before cooking.
- Grill 3-4 minutes on each side on high heat, so ribs have a nice caramelized char. Both gas and charcoal grills work well for this recipe.
- Sprinkle chopped scallions and sesame seeds on plated ribs.
If you like it a little spicy, add 8 dried Thai red chiles to the marinade.