Grilled Cream Cheese Wontons
This Grilled Wanton recipe is both delicious and easy to make. They are a great appetizer. The skins are crispy and the filling is a perfect combination of savory and spicy.
- 1pkg. Wonton Skins
- 8oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 Jalapeños
- 3 Tbs. Chives
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Start by dicing up as many jalapeños as you would like, it depends on how spicy you want them (can remove seeds and membrane to reduce spiciness). I use a food processor.
- Chop chives, and mix the chives and jalapeños with the softened cream cheese.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Fill the wonton skins with the cream cheese and jalapeño mixture leaving enough room to close the skin. Be sure to get the air out and keep the wonton as flat as possible.
- Seal the edges with a little water, brush the outside with olive oil, and place on a hot grill.
- Allow for grill marks to form and the wontons to release form the grill grate. Flip once. The wontons cook quickly and are easy to burn on a hot fire.
- Remove from the grill and serve with your favorite sweet and sour sauce. For something different try an orange ginger dipping sauce.
These ingredients serve only as a guide. I’ve made these wontons many times and switched it up nearly every time. You can either fill a single skin and fold it in half or use two skins and make them like a sandwich. Either way works fine, the key is to keep them flat so that the skins can crisp on the grill.