Grilled Garlic Oysters
- 2 dozen oysters in the half-shell
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ thinly sliced scallion
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Make a compound butter with all of the compound butter ingredients.
- Prepare grill for medium heat.
- Shuck whole oysters and make sure to free them from the bottom of their shells (use a strong oyster knife).
- Place about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the compound butter on each oyster in its half shell.
- Grill oysters for about 6 minutes with the lid on.