Grilled Pesto Pork Chops
- 5 one-inch-thick bone-in pork chops
- 1 ½ cups fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano chunks
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Puree cheese and nuts with olive oil in a blender or food processor.
- Add basil and roughly puree.
- Season chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Slather chops with pesto and let sit for 3 hours.
- Oil grill grate with canola oil.
- Grill at medium high temperature (preferably over charcoal) for 5 minutes per side.
- Pour extra pesto on grilled chops. Do not use pesto that has come in contact with raw meat.
- Serve with grilled zucchini and yellow summer squash.