Marinated Beef Tri-Tip
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Distilled Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Sage
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Beef Tri-Tip
- Place ingredients in a one gallon resealable bag and allow to marinate over night.
- Preheat your grill to high, about 450°, and reserve a portion of the cooking surface for indirect cooking.
- Place beef tri-tip over direct heat and sear on each side for 6-8 minutes.
- After searing, move tri-tip to the indirect portion of the grill and cook until desired doneness. It should take about 15-20 minutes to reach medium rare.
- Let rest 15-30 minutes and slice meat across the grain to achieve maximum tenderness.
- Enjoy! Serves 5-7.
This video was made specifically for the submission of a 2011 Grill and Chill Grillling Showdown Contest entry.
Features music from the Eels: Prizefighter.