Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- 16 ounces orzo
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup large Spanish olives, sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced and drained
- 1/3 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 6 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 T. chopped fresh oregano
Bring about 3 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add salt and the orzo and cook until al dente, approximately 10 minutes. While the orzo is cooking, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley and oregano in a small bowl and set aside.
Drain the cooked orzo in a strainer, place it in a large mixing bowl and combine with the dressing. Toss and coat well.
Add the olives, tomatoes, capers, feta cheese and artichokes, stir well. Season with fresh ground pepper and salt to taste. Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature.
Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
Recipe by Food for Market.