Nikki’s Favorite Wing Sauce
This is my wing sauce of choice! You’ll find layers of flavor in the 4 different hot sauces that compose this family favorite. I prefer to use good sized chicken legs, rather than a mixture of legs and wings. Follow the steps below and enjoy!
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 to 8 chicken legs (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup of Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup of Cholula Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup of Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Tabasco Sauce
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- Crushed red pepper
CHICKEN: Heat grill or coals and season chicken with kosher salt and fresh pepper. When the grill is hot, place the chicken on the grill, ensuring nice grill lines and great flavor. Turn the chicken as needed and finish on the grill with indirect heat (move chicken to a cooler part of the grill while maintaining temps of at least 375 to 400 degrees). As the chicken finishes you’ll see it tighten up a bit, and pull away from the bone in some spots. Put on a plate and cover in foil for 7 minutes.
SAUCE: Mix 4 hot sauces and worchestershire together with a wisk. Dump in crushed red pepper and melted butter and wisk together. Drizzle in honey and sweeten to taste.
Spin the wings immediately in the completed sauce, serve with fresh celery, and I highly recommend LITEHOUSE BACON BLUECHEESE for dipping. Enjoy!