Oriental Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
- 14 oz. bag coleslaw mix
- ½ head Romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 6 oz. snow peas, cook according to package directions, cool and julienne
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3 cups, cooked chicken, cubed
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts (more for garnish)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 T. Tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 T. peanut butter
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. Asian garlic chili paste
Place all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse until well blended and creamy.
Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Combine all of the salad ingredients and toss to mix. Add the dressing and toss well to coat the cabbage and lettuce. Transfer to a large serving platter and sprinkle with a few more peanuts. Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
Recipe courtesy of Food for Market.