Red Potato and Asparagus Salad
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes, washed and sliced in half
- 2 bunch of asparagus, trim tough ends
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 C. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for coating veggies
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. fresh chopped parsley
- 1 T. fresh chopped tarragon
- 1 T. fresh chopped dill
- 4 green onions, green part only, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
Place all ingredients in a jar and shake well. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold, salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until almost done. Approximately 15-20 minutes. The potato will finish cooking on the grill. You can do this the day before and store in the refrigerator.
- Lightly coat the asparagus spears with olive oil, salt and pepper them. Grill on medium heat for approximately 3-6 minutes depending on the thickness of the spear. Turn once during the cooking time. Remove from the heat, cool and cut into bite sizes pieces.
- Toss potatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper them. Place on a medium grill, cut side down. Grill for 4-5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Combine the potatoes, asparagus and vinaigrette, toss to coat.