An easy way to elevate guacamole is grilling the ingredients before mixing it up. Grilling the ingredients gives them a great smoky flavor that can only come from the grill.
- 3 Ripe Avocados
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 T Cilantro
- 2 T Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Jalapeno
- ½ A White Onion
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 T Olive Oil
- Half the onion and avocado, and seed your avocados, but leave the skin on. Brush both with olive oil, and place over medium heat.
- Half the lime, place it along with the jalapeno on the grill over medium heat. Put the cloves of garlic in a small foil pouch with a small amount of olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Allow everything to cook for 3-5 minutes before checking. Cook everything until soft and good grill marks appear.
- After letting your ingredients cool for 5-10 minutes, scrape the avocado from the skin and squeeze the grilled lime over the avocado to prevent it from turning brown.
- Dice the onion, jalapeno, garlic and chop the cilantro; add to the avocado and mix to your desired smoothness.