Spinach Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 lb. baby spinach
- ½ lb. Romaine lettuce, tear into bite sized pieces
- 1 pint strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 1 large can mandarin oranges, drained
- ½ lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 T. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
Wash and dry lettuce and spinach, set aside. In a jar with a lid, combine all of the dressing ingredients. Shake vigorously until sugar dissolves and is well blended. If desired, put all of the ingredients, except the poppy seeds in a blender. Add the poppy seeds after you blend and stir well.
Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl, add 1/2 of the dressing and toss.
Add more dressing to taste, you may not need it all.
Yield: 8 small servings or 6 medium