Sweet Salmon with Arugula Pesto
Let me start off by saying that this arugula pesto is amazing! It would taste good on a shoe, but one thing I must recommend you try it with is your eggs for breakfast.
I can’t remember exactly where I first came across this recipe, but it is really easy and equally delicious.
For the Salmon:
- 4 6oz Salmon Steaks
- 1 Tablespoon of Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 Lime (juice)
For the Pesto:
- A large handful of Arugula
- 3oz of Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of toasted Macadamia Nuts (or Walnuts)
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- Olive Oil (until combined)
- Combine the lime juice, maple syrup, and mint. Place the Salmon Steaks in a shallow dish, season with salt and pepper, cover with the lime juice, maple syrup mixture reserving some for cooking. Let the salmon marinade for up to an hour. Pre-heat your grill to High heat.
- Place all Pesto ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix, slowly adding in olive oil (be sparing) once combine, set aside.
- Cook the Salmon over high heat for 5-8 minutes depending on thickness, brush with reserved marinade while cooking.
- Serve the salmon with Arugula pesto either on the side or on top of the fish (I put this stuff all over). This is a very simple, delicious, and beautiful dish sure to impress.